Saving Energy – Terms and Conditions
Third party Contractors
- Saving Energy employs third party contractors for the installation of geyser timers and geyser blankets.
- All third party contractors are fully qualified electricians as required by law to perform the duties required by Saving Energy in terms of quality of installation,technical expertise and customer service.
- All Third party contractors have agreed to operating terms and conditions prior to engagement with Saving Energy that strictly lay out the terms of service required by Saving Energy in the performance of the installation of geyser timers and blankets for Saving Energy Clients.
- Failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions will result in immediate termination of engagement of services between Saving Energy and the third party contractor.
Saving Energy – Business Model
- Saving Energy is purely a company that provides information on energy saving products and services to allow consumers to reduce their energy costs at home or in their business.
- Saving Energy offers geyser timer and geyser blanket installations through third party contractors to Saving Energy clients that wish to engage these services.
- Saving Energy supplies qualified leads to our designated third party contractors for which we earn a commission.
- Saving Energy does not supply geyser timers , geyser blankets or geyser timer housings to these contractors, the material is supplied by the contractors and remains their property until either paid for or , if required , removed.
Damage and liability :
- In the event of damage caused in the process of installation of geyser timers and blankets , the liability for repair of damages rests with the third party contractor and not with Saving Energy.
- Inadequate installations where geyser blankets are not wrapped properly or otherwise poorly installed must be reported to Saving Energy immediately along with photo’s so that Saving Energy can instruct the contractor to return and repair the installation to proper standards.
Geyser Timers- Warranties and Settings :
- Geyser timer settings are to be provided by the customer and the timer will be set accordingly.
- Timers are tested prior to the contractor’s departure from the installation to ensure that both the timer and the geyser are working.
- Geyser timers have a one year manufacturer’s warranty and should the timer fail due to mechanical / electrical fault and not from external tampering by unqualified personnel , the timer would be removed and replaced by Saving Energy’s third party contractor who installed the timer originally.
- There may be a call out fee charged to replace the timer, but there is no cost for the timer itself .
- Should the timer fail due to external tampering by unqualified personnel , or it is determined by Saving Energy’s third party contractor that the timer has been tampered with , the client will be liable for the call out fee for the inspection of the timer and the replacement cost of the timer which will be quoted before hand.
- Geyser blankets are sourced and supplied by the third party contractors.
- Geysers that are under cover and not exposed to the elements will not require the silver foil protection layer as shown on the website. We do however supply these as a standard with most installations.
- Geyser blankets may vary according to supplier, availability and area and will not always be the same as the geyser blanket presented on the Saving Energy website.
- All geyser blankets supplied by third party contractors will meet the standards required for insulation of geysers.
- If for any reason , the client needs to cancel the installation once it has been booked and confirmed , the client must ensure that notice of at least 24 hours is given where possible.
- Notice of cancellation should be sent either by email , sms or telephone.
- Should the cancellation be causes by medical emergency or other urgent and unforeseen circumstances , no penalty call out fees would be applicable.
- In the event that no notice is given by the channels listed in 19) above , a cancellation fee of R500 will be charged.
Payment terms and Invoicing
- Once the client has booked the service for installation , the contractor will then make contact with the client and arrange the installation.
- Once the installation is complete , a follow up call will be made to the client to ensure that the job was done professionally and that the timer is working and that the client is satisfied with the quality of the installation
- Saving Energy will email the client an invoice for the job.
- Payment is to be made within 24 hours of job completion.
- No payment is to be made directly to the contractor for any reason whatsoever.
Acceptance of the terms and conditions
By agreeing to the installation of either geyser timers or geyser blankets on your property(s), you are deemed to have read and accepted the Saving Energy terms and conditions as stated above and agree that you will abide and be bound to these terms and conditions.