The Geyser timer and geyser Blanket combination.
This is the best way to truly reduce your electricity usage on your geyser. If you have read the info on the geyser timer and geyser blanket , you will understand why this is the preferred and recommended combination for you if you truly want to see your electricity costs drop.
The “double whammy” of the timer controlling the geyser timer and geyser blanket preventing the heat loss leads to significantly reduced energy usage on your geyser and a much happier home owner when that rates bill arrives at month end.
My only advice here is to spend a little more upfront and recover that spend in 3 -4 months in savings and then every month after that.
Once your geyser is efficient, you can then look at other aspects of your consumption to further reduce your energy costs.
How much could you save by having a geyser timer and geyser blanket?
If we go back to the model on the geyser timer page you will see that we have an average monthly bill of R1500-00.
Some of us WISH we had a bill that low and others have a lower one, but then they are probably living in smaller houses or flats with only one or two people using the geyser.
Between the geyser timer saving around 18% and the geyser blanket saving around 12% , we can see that the overall monthly cost would come down by around 30%.
At R1500-00, this is R450-00, that’s an annual saving of R5400-00!
Plus, that R450-00 per month could easily help with groceries, petrol or even entertainment, or you could put it away in a savings account for a holiday or trip to the coast at the end of the year.
At a cost of R1490-00 to have a geyser timer and geyser blanket supplied and installed, you would recover this in just over 3 months.
I leave it to you.
Installing a geyser timer and geyser blanket.
The installation of the geyser timer and geyser blanket can be done within an hour , providing the access to the geyser is good. Once you have both installed, we will setup the timer according to your water usage patterns to maximise the saving effect.
We wrap the geyser on 3 sides as this is the way our specific blanket is designed – it leaves easy access to the thermostat and element in the event they need to be replaced or adjusted.
You may notice that your water feels hotter, but this is just the insulation taking effect.
To see our pricing click here.
To book your geyser timer and geyser blanket installation, click here.